The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA), has published its investigation report into the Catholic Church in England and Wales today. This is based on the main public hearings held in October and November 2019.
Bishop Byrne CO and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle fully supports the response from the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales:
As you will have guessed, unfortunately church is now closed again. Please keep safe, follow the guidelines and help each other. As always…keep smiling.
We thank our volunteers who have manned the phones, cleaned the church and shown you to your seats. They have enabled us to be open for a few weeks and to see everyone and celebrate mass safely and without incident.
If anything changes we will let you know. If you ever need a chat or help, please reach out. There is always someone to talk to.
As we go into another lockdown period, as always if you ever need a chat or help, there are lots of people in the parish ready to pick up the phone.
Come and say Hello
- Bulletin November 22nd 2020November 21, 2020 - 12:40 pm
- Bulletin November 15th 2020November 13, 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Bishops’ Conference Statement on the Publication of the IICSA ReportNovember 13, 2020 - 2:29 pm
- CHURCH IS NOW CLOSEDNovember 4, 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Bulletin November 8th 2020November 4, 2020 - 4:18 pm